Players from abroad
Welcome at Rugby Club Groningen. Anyone is welcome to become a member of our club and play for it, since it’s an amateur club. Every player here plays for the enjoyment of the sport and the connection with other people the club culture provides. If you’re seeking a club where you will be paid or provided with housing/job: alas, we cannot provide this.
As an international, you need to get clearance from your former Rugby Union in order to play in the Dutch competition. What you need to do is:
- Download the clearance form (download the form HERE).
- Fill in the clearance form.
- Send it to the union of the club you most recently played for.
For example, if your former club was in Ireland, you have to send this form to the Rugby Union of Ireland.
You can find the e-mail adress of the union on, www.worldrugby.org/member-unions
- If the union accepts your clearance they will send it to the Dutch Union, who can then process your clearance.
- Once this is done (and you paid your club fee*) you’re good to play.
- Next to arranging your clearance, you of course also need to become a member at our club. That works via the following form: https://rugbyclubgroningen.nl/lid-worden/inschrijven/ Note: before you are officially registered, you need to pay the club fee.
For further questions, you can contact your Team Manager. For the first & second team this is: firstname.lastname@example.org