Players from abroad
Welcome at Rugby Club Groningen
Anyone is welcome to become a member of our club and play for it, since it’s an amateur club.
Every player here plays for the enjoyment of the sport and the connection with other people the club culture provides.
If you’re seeking for a club where you will be payed or get something else towards, like housing or a job. We can’t provide this.
In order for you to play at our club, you need to get clearance from your former Rugby Union.
What you need to do is:
- Download the clearance form (download the form HERE).
- Fill in the clearance form.
- Send it to the union of the club you most recently played for.
For example, if your former club was in Ireland, you have to send this form to the Rugby Union of Ireland.
You can find the e-mail adress of the union on, www.worldrugby.org/member-unions
- If the union accepted your clearance you can send the form to email@example.com
- you have to transfer € 90,00 to the Rugby Club Groningen clubaccount, this is a part of the dues for the Rugby Club and the Dutch Rugby Union. You have to transfer it to this account, NL85INGB0005638458.
For further questions, you can contact the first team teammanager, Koos de Kleijne, firstname.lastname@example.org